Thursday, January 26, 2006


Be Careful What You Ask For

My birthday being tomorrow, my husband asked me to give him a list of ideas on what I'd like to do. Hawaii, a fruity drink, and a good book came to mind, but I quickly shoved that image aside and decided to be reasonable.

So I told him that I didn't really care. Just spending time with him and kids would be great. A pic-nic. Or breakfast in the mountains (a good idea before the fires started this week). Or dinner and a movie if my mom could babysit. Then before I gave him the list I wrote "adult" in front of movies, meaning I did not want to see Narnia or a cartoon.

He read over the list, smiled, and said, "really?"

"Really what?" I asked.

"You want to see an adult movie?" A surprised and strangely happy look on his face.

We haven't been out alone (without the kids) in a while so I could understand why he'd be excited, but after I thought about it for a second, I realized what kind of movie he was thinking about. I had to laugh, and explain what I REALLY meant.

So, he's been teasing me about it all week.

Isn't it funny how easily we can misundertand each other in everyday conversation? What have you been misunderstood about?

Much Love,

Lara

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I'd bought some beige woven baskets yesterday and was commenting to my husband that I thought they were a bit too light. I said then that I'd probably spray paint them later.

His answer? "What? Spray paint contains lead now?"

Er...that wasn't the light I was talking about.

We got a laugh out of it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Lara Rios said...

That's funny : )

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home