Sunday, March 12, 2006

CALIFORNIA IS FREEZING

We are such wimps. Rain, snow and cold weather really freak us out. My husband who is from Maine is really getting a kick out of Californian's running around in heavy sweaters and jackets because we're having 50 degree weather.

But, hey, I'm one of the wimps. It's cold! Yesterday, though, my kids had a great time because it hailed. These were large pieces of ice, about half the size of a golf ball. We watched it come down, then as soon as it passed, the kids got bundled up and ran outside with plastic baggies to collect some hail. It was great.

Our low mountains have snow too and they are gorgeous. So, I'm enjoying a little winter here in Southern California. I wish I was better with technology so I could provide a picture. I'll see if I can figure it out and post it later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Oh my goodness! Tell me about it! I think this has been the coldest winter here ever! Or at least for the 28 years I've been here. :D

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lara Rios said...

It can't last much longer. I'm ready for spring. Enough with the cold and the rain. See, told you I'm a wimp : )

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home