Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Currently Reading

When you belong to two or three writer's groups and you get to know hundreds of writers, your pile of to be read books becomes enormous. Mostly, because you want to read the books you've heard so much about!

Well, I'm happy to say that this week I've finally gotten a chance to read Allison Brennan's THE PREY. I started reading it while on the eliptical machine at the gym, and it grabbed me immediately. And that night, I couldn't put the darn thing down. I stayed up half the night reading it! And I don't do that. I HAVE TO be up at 5am to write before my kids wake up. But I couldn't help it, I had to keep turning the pages. And believe me, it was worth losing sleep over.

I won't do an actual review, because there are lots of them out there. But I will say that I highly recommend it. I can't wait to read the next two in the series. THE HUNT and THE KILL.

Way to go, Allison!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, I loved The Prey. I've bought The Hunt and The Kill, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lara Rios said...

Wasn't it great? I'm looking forward to the the next too. I'm going to work through my current stack of books before I buy them, but they are definitely on my B&N list : )

One of the reasons I enjoyed it so much, I think, was because it was completely different from what I write. It allowed me to step into another world. Why I love Dean Koontz too.

Cute penguin by the way.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Allison Brennan said...

Thanks, Lara! I'm so glad you liked it. It's particularly scary having other writers read me :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Lara Rios said...

Allison, honey, you have nothing to worry -- you're a fabulous writer!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home