Sunday, March 19, 2006

Lazy, Rainy Day



I've spent the day writing, cocooned in my house where it's warm and dry. Still raining out here in California. My family went to the desert to look for fossils, so it's been peaceful too.

But maybe it's been too quiet. I can't seem to get inspired. I've written quite a few scenes, but they aren't great and will probably be dumped some time in the future. Some days things just flow. I know exactly what has to happen and I just can't type fast enough. I'm so into the story that I get annoyed at interruptions and when I have to leave my computer I grumble and moan, and leave my brain in my office as I walk out. Then there are weekends like this one where I can sit here all day and nothing happens. I'm sure I'm not alone here. This must happen to all writers.

Yesterday, I went to the bank that happens to be at a mall and when I'm pulling out of my spot, another car (behind me) zooms out of her spot. I stepped on the brake, but not quick enough to avoid the collision. Wasn't a big deal. No one was hurt, and the other driver was 16 year old kid who was freaked out, so I couldn't even get mad. But it ruined my concentration for the rest of the day. (I'm so not looking forward to having teen-agers)

Guess I should have gone fossil hunting with the kids or skiing in the mountains. Looks great up there, doesn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Juliet said...

Hi Lara!
I'm glad that the collision wasn't a big deal. Let's hope that it serves the teenager to learn a lesson.
Beautiful picture, it's breathtaking!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Gorgeous picture!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lara Rios said...

Yes, it is breathtaking!

I finally took the kids up yesterday. No skiing, but we had lots of fun throwing snow balls and building snowmen.

Lara

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home